Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ah...February

Some friends blogs have commented on the slow passing of January...and I have to agree. I am always happy to see it pass. It means more meaningful holidays are upon us, and Spring is just around the corner. We have had some fun activities to try and keep us distracted.

Carson had his scout pinewood derby. He assembled his with Legos to look like a Jeep,( His favorite car). His car took 5th place overall, and he had so much fun building it.

I needed color around the house, and since my sister gave me this great idea, we made Valentines together. Thanks Suzy! It was fun, and they had a blast cutting our hearts and such to decorate. Yay for color!

Finally, for those who know my youngest son Kale, you will know his obsession with games. Board games, card games, interactive games, really any game. I play games with him everyday. Lately is has been the game of life. I am not sure I know many 5 year olds that like that game, but he does! Don't break the ice is another that he loves. It is so much fun to have the time to do that with him. He loves to play, and really doesn't care if he wins. ( At least not every game :)

So here's to February! Thank goodness it has finally come.





4 comments:

SuZaNNe said...

Love the Valentines and you guys so much!!! ... By the way, Brynlee has been obsessed with Jenga these days. I bet Kale would LOVE it! It's pretty fun :)

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Pinewood Derby car out of Lego's.. That's ingenious!!! Ours is coming up in April I'll have to look into that one!! How long do you guys plan on being in WV? How much longer until you make the final move back to Utah?? Thought I'd ask.. =)

Anonymous said...

Oh how well I remember Pinewood Derby. I was not very creative, but Carson is a winner! Glad you enjoyed Valentine's Day as a family. Games are great! Good job Kale! Know that we love you all and are looking forward to seeing you the end of April. Love, Dad

Lori Fifield said...

LOVE the Pinewood Derby car! I wish we'd have though of something like that. We wrapped the uncut piece of wood in a Hershey Bar wrapper and slapped some weight on it. It looked like crap. It won third place! hahahaha!!!!