Friday, September 18, 2009

New seasons

With school in our lives have become more hectic. We don't have as much time as we did during the summer to play. We still make time for our walk through the preserve though. The leaves are starting to change, and weather is much cooler. ( I know you couldn't tell with the kids wearing shorts!) What can I say, they dress themselves. It doesn't really help to argue about it either. I do have veto rights when it comes to really unmatched clothes, and worn out clothes.

I have to face the new season in my life now. My children are no longer babies that require me to do everything for them. I used to pick out their clothes, shoes, hairstyles, and food. I still pick out their food, but they now get themselves dressed in the mornings, and tell me how they want their hair. I have to face that my kids are growing up faster than I want them to.

I am proud of how independent they are becoming, but sad that they are not looking to me for everything. (minus Kale, he is still my mama's boy, and I am taking full advantage of that)!

I am sure every Mother goes through this. It is just hard to face the ever changing seasons around here.

5 comments:

SuZaNNe said...

I know exactly how you feel. It's not worth fighting over clothes. Especially when you have 3 kids to get out the door on time!

To answer your question: Brynlee is going to a Preschool just around the corner from us. Are you planning to visit for the holidays at all? I hope so :)

garhales said...

Your post about the kids getting older and more independent really touched me. I went to Wintergarden Park with Alyssa Saturday to take her Senior pictures! That was a pretty bittersweet moment!

Anonymous said...

WE miss being there with you. It's neat to watch the kids grow. Life just continues to go on. Some days I just want it to slow down. Other days I want it to speed up. Love, Dad

Heather said...

AAGHHH! My oldest is talking to BOYS! I shouldn't be this old!

V+V Staheli Happenings said...

Welcome to a new phase in motherhood! Enjoy!