Sunday, January 24, 2010

North American International Auto Show, Detroit

We had a great opportunity to go the the Auto show in Detroit, MI this past Saturday. It is the major international auto show for all the auto makers. We had such a good time. The venue was absolutely enormous, with every space filled with all makes and models of different kinds of cars. I think every auto maker was represented. Most of the cars you could get up close and sit inside and look at, and some were just to look at. The kids had a great time as well. Here are just a small fraction of what we saw.

This car is a concept car that Mini has made. An SUV off road vehicle. Lee liked that it had no doors. :) A pretty sweet Lotus Elise. I think this looks like a mid-life crisis car. What do you think?
This is an Jaguar XFR. Lee and I would really like this car. Anyone want to buy it for us?


This a Steve Saleen special. He takes other cars and blings them up. I am not sure what kind of car this is. It looked pretty cool though.



This is Carson's dream car. It is a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Bonus that is was orange. Carson's favorite color. He loves jeeps, and the color orange, so the perfect combination for him.



This is the upgraded 2011 Toyota Land cruiser. We own the 1995 version. It was a little different. (Especially in price.):)






This car had a price tag of only $375,000. No problem. Pocket change. Lexus LF-A super car if you were wondering.




This is another concept car that will soon be a reality this fall by Hyundai. It is the hybrid Sonata. You can just plug it in to charge it up. Pretty cool.



This was a race car represented. I was surprised how low to the ground it was.


We had a blast, and I am glad we went.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. which car are you driving out to Utah this summer?!
Bet Kale loved the cars best!

SuZaNNe said...

Looks like fun! I'm surprised Lee didn't talk you into the NEW landcruiser :)

Lee Marston Bartholomew said...

hmmm. I actually think I prefer my old Land Cruiser over the new ones. cause it would cost me 12k just to fix the new one up to what I got. I mean, I got Navi, Headrest DVD's Gas MPG is the same (I would not mind the additional 100 horses with the now one though. But I have 2 solid axles, not offered on the new, and 3 locking diffs, once again not offered. I have a 4" lift with 35" tires and four wheel coil springs and disc brakes. Really.. what more could I want? --ok, I have been designing this MAD retrofit for the exterior, but that is way down on the $$$ list so ... oh well.