Monday, May 2, 2011

Cherry Blossom Festival

We FINALLY made it to the temple on our trip to Washington DC last month. It was beautiful on the inside and out.It is one the biggest temples that I have seen or been in. I am so glad we took the time to visit. I really need to visit there more often.







We had the chance for a quick trip to Washington DC a few weeks ago. I have always wanted to see the Cherry blossoms in bloom during that time of year, so I was very excited to see them! They did not disappoint. Since, we live only 3 hours away it is quite nice to go. It was a little chilly but really nice weather that day to walk around. We had to stop at the white house as well. Unfortunately, the President would not come out to talk to us. :) I guess he had better things to do.

We also stopped at the National Air Museum in Virginia. It is where the retired space shuttle is housed as well. It was HUGE! It is in the massive airplane hanger. The kids had a blast looking at all the different planes, and of course the space shuttle. We were blessed to be joined by the Bartholomew's from NY. Our kids had so much fun catching up with their cousins. They always make the trip more fun.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This brings back memories for Dad---beautiful place. Glad all of you could enjoy it.

Brittany said...

Glad to read all your updates!

Don't you just LOVE DC? I want to live close by someday (when I'm rich lol). Nick and I were married in the DC temple, so maybe I"m biased but I think it's the prettiest!

SuZaNNe said...

Beautiful!