Friday, January 16, 2009

Our day thus far...

My intentions were to sit here and blog of some events in our family, but with the chaos around me, I am going to make this short. Iwill try to ignore the fact that Kale is running around naked, while the other kids chase him, trying to convince him to get his clothes on. I would post some pictures, but I think there are laws about posting naked pictures of your kids on the internet.:) There is a lot of squealing, and laughing going on. The kids are home from school today, since it was cancelled for the second straight day. The temperatures have been unreal. As I type it is minus 13degrees outside. With the wind chill it is around minus 35 degrees. So they cancelled school because they don't want kids outside waiting for buses and such. The university still has classes so Lee had to brave the cold to go. Poor guy. (update: Kale has his diaper on now). Yes, he is not yet potty trained. We continue that feat without much success, yet. It is a good day thus far, and we look forward to a fun filled day, trying to keep 3 kids entertained and convince them it is not a good idea to go outside.:)

9 comments:

Christy C. said...

Holy cow, that is cold!!! Good luck with the kids not going outside. Hopefully it will warm up soon for you guys, at least to the +30's?!?!?!

Brent Alvey Plumbing, Inc said...

Are you kidding me, I will never whine about our cold, well maybe alittle. Ok alot, that is crazy!! I'm so glad you are doing good, miss you. Christi Alvey

Tavia said...

That's COLD! Thanks for the glimpse of real life that so many moms experience but never talk about. I love it!

SuZaNNe said...

I am feeling sorry for you. My kids don't have school on Mon. or Tues. next week and I am already having a panic attack! As for the diaper mess ..... no luck here either, I feel your PAIN!

Anonymous said...

Another reason why we are going to visit you in July!! Winter there is frigid! We are having a heat wave compared to you.

grandma ard said...

Yes, I agree that it is COLD there! Is it supposed tostay that way long?

mitchclan said...

Wow!! It is sunny and about 28 degrees here! Maybe you should pack your swimsuits and come back for a warm vacation! Good luck with the indoors day!

Heather said...

We're just stuck in a nasty inversion here

SuZaNNe said...

Hi, it's me again! I hope it's okay, but we want to use that visitor tracking thing too? Even if it does show that I am stalking your blog :) Love you!