Monday, April 13, 2009

Fun at the Zoo

We really enjoyed our week! Even though it snowed and rained the first part of the week, the end turned out great. We were able to go to the Zoo in Toledo. We had a great time, and so did the kids.:) They had a lot of animals to look at. The exhibits were spaced apart great, and we still didn't have time to see everything. We have a annual pass so we can go back to see what we missed! Our only mishap was that Mara somehow seperated from the pack, and got lost. We went to the Zoo with some friends and together we had 11 kids to keep track of. We all stopped at the playground to let the kids run for a few minutes, and I thought I had counted everyone, I guess not. :) We were rounding up everyone when I couldn't find Mara. After about 5 minutes of looking I was panicked, and was just going to notify security. Just about that time I heard my name being called by a security officer and she said they had Mara in the main offices. She had ended up in the cafe, and a employee called security when they realized she was lost. She was fine, and so was I once I saw she was OK. I am just glad an observant employee found her.

Here are some pictures of our fun day at the Zoo. Below is Kale with I think the seals. The next picture is with the giraffes. Then we have the elephants. We have the picture with the whole gang. Lastly is Mara with *security*. She was happy to find this one. :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think nothing is as nice as finding your lost child.....as soon as your heart rate goes back to normal!
After a few of my kids got lost they were more careful, but the only way to make them more careful was for them to get lost.
I'm glad she was safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fun time! Glad mara was only lost for a few minutes.