Monday, April 20, 2009

Seriously...this happened

I am wondering why sometimes nothing goes right in a week. I think I am being tested to see if I am keeping track of the kids every minute of every day. I love being their mother but sometimes I shake my head in wonder. If you can recall last week I posted about the Zoo, and how Mara got lost and was picked up by security. I think I was awarded the" mother who didn't realize her daughter was lost for 1/2 hour " AKA bad mom award. Lesson learned and catastrophe avoided.
Well little did I know what this week would bring. Lee was gone Fri-Sat most of the day with the scouts on a camp-out. It was a warm day (yeah), so the kids were spending most of the day outside with their friends in the neighborhood. They were coming and going and being good about telling me where they would be. Mara's friend from across the streeet came over to have Mara play with her. Her parents were home so they left to play over there for a little while. Carson had been riding his bike around. Lee got home and was getting ready to shower, when Mara came running in the house. She was yelling that Carson's bike was run over by the neighbors car(the friend Mara was playing with). I ran outside to make sure he wasn't hurt and saw the neighbor pulling Carson's mangled bike from underneath the van. Carson was fine. I went inside to ask Mara what happened since I knew she was probably involved.:) She said they were playing in the van and her friend pushed a button and the car started to move. It hit Carson's bike that was parked in back of it in the driveway. Long story short after talking to everyone involved was Mara, Carson and a couple of friends were playing with the sidewalk chalk when Mara's little friend decided she wanted to listen to music. She went inside and got the car keys and all the kids got in the van and she put the keys in the car and somehow she shifted it in gear. Luckily they didn't make it out of the driveway before she stopped it somehow. I think Carson's bike acted as a buffer. I was trying to finish my gospel doctrine lesson while Kale was asleep. I really had been checking on them every few minutes. Her parents were in the house! Kids are so sneaky. :)
Carson was upset that his bike was injured. It is pretty fixable, but will need some new parts. We had a good talk with them about playing in, on ,around, behind, and under ANY car. I think they have learned another lesson. I was just grateful that no-one was hurt. It reminded me of when my nephews hijacked a car in front of my mom's house when they were really small, and were lucky to survive the ordeal. (Remember Suzy?! :0)
Kale was also on one this week. He didn't want to pee in the potty. He had been dry for several hours and was bouncing around. I had tried to get him to go, but he would sit and then do nothing. Finally he started asking for a diaper. I refused. This went on for about 1/2 hour. I left the bathroom for a minute, and he darted out of there, and went into his room. I found him. He had pulled his shirt down around his privates and peed in his shirt!! It ran down his legs, to his socks, and on the floor. Fun times. Remind me why we just can't leave them in diapers? =) So in all, this past week has been eventful. Hopefully this week we can avoid disasters.

8 comments:

John and Sherri said...

WOW- what a week! I think kids are here to keep us on our toes, just when things seem comfortable, they remind us that anything can happen! I hope we all live through them- I guess our parents did! Fun stories!

Heather said...

So glad everyone is fine! Kids sure know how to scare us.
Good luck with the potty training. I hated that part.

Celeste said...

Ugh, it's weeks like this that make you grateful for your own parents and what we put them through! I remeber when I was little, Candi & I put our old truck into gear in the grocery store parking lot, and some man jumped in and stopped it. Good times, good times...

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Wow, I thought only my house was full of daily adventures.. I too am glad no one was hurt with the bike/car incident.
I've opted not to potty train mine... it's too big of a struggle until "they" are ready. Just praying it's before she's a beehive :0) Is that asking for too much???

SuZaNNe said...

That is so funny! I totally remember Jaiden and Hunter stealing the car .... Ha ha ha. I'm glad they were okay and that it was only Carson's bike and not Carson!

mitchclan said...

All I can say is at least everyone is alive and well! They can definitely keep you on your toes!

Meeker home said...

hahahaha. Good times.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Carson was not hurt. Too many kids are. I'm looking forward to seeing the sights when we come. I'm ready for vacation.