Monday, August 10, 2009

Wood County Fair

Our family went to the fair this past week. We enjoyed ourselves quite a bit. The kids were able to ride some fun rides and we were able to watch our first tractor pull. You know you live in Bowling Green Ohio, when they have tractor pulls at the fair.:) Mara really loved the slide. The boys liked the slide too. Kale wasn't sure the first time down, but wanted to slide down about 4 more times!
Carson's favorite ride was the ferrris wheel. He had Mara and Kale go with him twice! He really likes going up really high, just not fast!;)

Of course, no fair is complete without a ride on the merry-go-round. Even Daddy was able to join in the fun.


Lee's favorite activity was by far the tractor pulls. We were suprised how many rules they had, and how it all was accomplished. It definately is a man pride issue to pull your tractor or truck until smoke is billowing up around it, and the engine is blown.

All the money and time must be worth it, if you can see how much weight your *pride and joy* can haul. They have different catagories for all the types of tractors. We don't have pictures of the 4x4 trucks pull, but Lee said it was even more fun. The national tractor pull is held here in a couple of weeks, so we think we are going to go. It is fun to watch!

6 comments:

SuZaNNe said...

LOL! Lovin the tractor pull stuff :) I'm glad your fam had so much fun!

Heather said...

Looks like alot of fun.Hopefully it wasn't unbearably hot like the fair here.

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

I have to admit.. Every time I see Carson in these pics I keep thinking I am seeing Lee when we were kids.. I can't believe what a clone he is of Lee... Crazy!

Brittany said...

Looks like fun!! I am too afraid of the ferris wheel, so you can tell Carson and Mara that they are more brave than I! (By the way, I got this off your facebook info...so sorry but I'm a stalker. I swear, though, you told me about it?)

amy said...

Elle enjoyed the slide too. She must have gone down 8 times in a row. I'm glad your family had fun.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there with all of you and Grandma, too. Grandpa Fifield