Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving was really fun this year. Lee's brother Jarett, and his wife Shannon, and their kids came to visit from NY. They were able to spend a few days with us, and we loved having them. We had a grand feast, and for some reason I took no pictures of it. :) We went to Micheal's later that evening, since they were open, and grabbed some things we wanted.

Shannon and I decided to try and go shopping on Black Friday. I am usually not one to undertake such chaos, but I thought I would try it this year. We had looked at the ads and had discovered that Toys R Us was going to open at midnight. I thought I would rather stay up late than try to get up early. We arrived at the store close to midnight, and soon realized that we were not going to stay! There were so many people that the line went around the building and through the parking lot up to the street. I value my life more than I value a good deal. I am glad we left because later we heard that there was a riot there, and the police were called. Crazy!

We did go the next day in the late morning and actually got most of what we had wanted anyway. I am actually excited about what I found for the kiddos. They waited in the car with their Dad's while we went into one store since we didn't want them to see. They went with us into Costco, and Kmart, and they did great. I was surprised by how the late morning shoppers weren't frenzied, like the early morning shoppers. It was actually not bad, I might try it again next year!

Mara was a leaf in the Thanksgiving Assembly at her school this year! She did great and was so excited to be chosen to dance. Only 7 kids in her class were picked to dance up in front of the entire school! She wasn't even nervous. She was awesome.
We took all the kids for a walk when the weather permitted it. They loved being outside and running around. My kids really has so much fun with their cousins. They were so happy to see them and spend time with them. They had buddies to play with for days, and got along so well. Thanks for coming Bartholomew Family! We loved having you come, and we hope you come back to visit real soon!

3 comments:

Tavia said...

I'm not a frenzy shopper either. I prefer waiting until later in the day. However, this year I was able to get a lot of things on the same deals online (which started at midnight eastern time so I didn't have to stay up very late). Mara seems like the entertainer. Congrats to her!

SuZaNNe said...

I'm glad you had a fun Thanksgiving with your family. Tell the kids hello for us :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe what cute kids are in those pictures! We really miss all of you. Glad your shopping wasn't too frantic.