Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

It was my birthday yesterday. I am now officially 32. Where has the time gone? I have been thinking of what I was doing 10 years ago at the age of 22 on my birthday. I was on my mission in Bolivia, in a area called Tarija. It was the only birthday I had while on my mission. I do remember the members in my area were really sweet and had a birthday party for me. Complete with cake and icecream. I recieved some small gifts and a really cool hat. They really went out of their way to make it special. I have very fond memories of that area and all the wonderful people I met and still think about, and miss. In the past ten years I have been married, had 3 children, moved 3 times, supported a husband through school, and countless hours of work and housework. :) I love my life and my family and I am really grateful for the gospel and how it has prepared me to lead me in my life and those of my children. May the next 10 years be as full and rewarding as the past 10.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Since it is on the Longest Day of the Year, I hope you partied til the sun went down! I think we should plan a swimming party... Ooh ya! Have fun in Peru!!!

Tavia said...

Hey, I think I have pics from that birthday 10 years ago. Wahoo for 32! Wasn't Tarija amazing?