Thursday, December 18, 2008

Buckeyes

For those who do not know, I currently reside in Ohio, the Buckeye state. What is a Buckeye, you might ask? I CAN'T believe you don't know what it is!!! (just kidding) I was invited to make buckeyes this week, and I didn't know what they were. I did Google the term, and learned a few things in order to be prepared. First, a Buckeye is a rare species of chicken bred in Ohio, it also can be what you would call someone attending Ohio state university. I think the main reason though, is because of the Buckeye tree. It is a close relative of the Horse Chestnut tree. Although, the seeds of the Buckeye tree are not edible and can be poisionous to certain animals. There, now don't you feel more educated? The Buckeye treat is patterned to look like the nut from the Buckeye tree. It is actually very easy. You combine butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. Next, you roll the dough in little balls, and freeze the balls. Finally, after they are hard, you dip them in chocolate. I would like to personally thank my new Ohio friends, Melissa, Tiffany, and Bethany for inviting me, and helping me with this new creation. We had a lot of fun, and stayed up WAY to late, but it was worth it! Here are a couple of pictures of my Buckeyes.

6 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

They look yummy!! I love your new gadget.. Hope you don't mind but I copied.. Thanks

Unknown said...

That was a great time!

Heather said...

Yummy....anything with chocolate has to be good.

SuZaNNe said...

What the?? Just Kidding. They look REALLY cool. TALENT!

Christy C. said...

Whats the recipe? Those look good.

Tavia said...

Any thing with peanut butter and chocolate makes me happy! Soooo, where's the recipe?