Saturday, February 21, 2009

Crazy Scouts

Lee went on a camp-out with the scouts this weekend and I decided to post some pictures, because Lee insisted that they had fun AND stayed warm, but it looked pretty COLD to me! It was 12 degrees overnight and started to snow early in the morning. Despite the weather they even went geocaching together. Here are some of the pictures.




Saturday afternoon were took OUR own kids to the planetarium at the University to see a star show. They are free, and I thought the they would love to see it! They were in awe when the lights went out and they could see all the stars in the ceiling and everything else that was projected. Kale got a little bored, but what do you expect from a 3yr old! We couldn't take pictures inside the auditorium, so we snapped a few outside.



They also wanted me to take a funny posed picture. So here it is. Crazy kids! :)

6 comments:

Leisa said...

Thanks for the great campout pictures! I can't seem to get my boys (all "3" of them) to pack a camera for scout events! I'd love a copy of your pictures for our scrapbook!!

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

I never have understood why the scouts do winter camps... Let alone enjoy them... Another reason I was glad to be a young women!!!

SuZaNNe said...

The scout pictures look about the same as our girl's camp pictures, only we went in June!

Tell the kids that we LOVE the crazy picture :)

Heather said...

Brrrr.... 12 degrees! Erik also kad his klondike this last weekend, but it only got down to about 25. I worried all night about the snow cave collapsing...but he was fine. The leaders slept in the house and left the thee scouts alone. It looks like Lee and his scouts had fun cooking a real breakfast outdoors. (Erik got McDonalds) Can you tell I'm not impressed?

Anonymous said...

Rod says 'Way to go, Lee!' He still fondly recalls his times of sleeping in snow caves etc.

Betti says the pictures of the kids are way cute!

Cam said...

Thanks for you thoughts and support! I truely appreciate your kind hearted statements! Miss you Tonz!