Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Reality Check

I was sad today to find out that a blog I was following was not being honest with their situation. It was a blog referred to me by a friend, who was touched by the struggles they were encountering. While I am not one to donate or send items to random strangers, I know many other fellow bloggers had sent things. It was found they were being deceptive, and not truthful about much of anything. It saddens me to see blogging being used this way (I know, I am not that naive to think that this is the first time).

I know scams are everywhere, but to use the facade of being pregnant, and having a fatal prenatal diagnosis, as a way to make money or receive gifts is an all time low. I don't understand how people can blog about their baby and how she will not survive much past birth when it is not true! It hurts others who really have been in those situations, and are trying to blog as a way to journal their experience.

It was a reality check,(again), to be very careful about what you are reading and whether it is really the truth. Everyone should be extra careful when judging who really is legit or not.

4 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

What is this world coming too?? That's enough to make you sick!! Too bad people have to be deceptive like like

Julie said...

Thanks for the reminder to not believe everything we read.

SuZaNNe said...

Was is Mitch Hemsley's new wife?

Heather said...

That's too bad. Perhaps that person has a talent that would be better used for writing fiction books if they are that believable.